These chicken fingers are so easy, and so tasty. This is a variation of chicken that my mom has been making for years. So good. And only 5 ingredients. This recipe is very simple, I have sometimes done the more complicated breading with 4 step process (coat with marinade, coat with flour, coat with egg, coat with bread crumbs) but it takes quite a while and your clean up is doubled. This recipe I find makes a nice breading and crispiness without all the hassle. And we all love it, my kids included!
I serve them with potatoes (and sweet potatoes if I have them on hand) and my homemade honey dill sauce. I find by cutting them into strips your chicken goes so much further, and they’re somehow juicier and crispier than when I do this recipe with whole chicken breasts. Or maybe I’m just a big kid and I like chicken strips…
The photos here are using 4 chicken breasts, it fed my husband and I, our little ones (who are 3 and 1, so not huge servings, together they had about 3 strips), and we all had it again for Sunday lunch after church the next day! And we still had 2 strips left over.
Note: This chicken can be stored in an air tight container for three days in the fridge, or up to three months in the freezer, in a freezer ziplock bag. If frozen, I suggest reheating 375 degrees fahrenheit, for 20-25 minutes.
There’s a printable version at the end of the recipe. Enjoy!
Serves 6-8 People.
What you’ll need:
4-6 Chicken Breasts
1/2 Cup Italian, Ranch or Caesar Dressing, approximately
1 1/2 Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs with Romano Cheese, approximately
Salt & Pepper
Large cookie sheet
Parchment paper (Or tin foil, but I find parchment paper doesn’t stick to the chicken as much)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Place parchment paper over cookie sheet (not really necessary, but the chicken fingers don’t stick this way, and HELLO, just a quick wash for that cookie sheet instead of a work out with you and your scrubber in the sink… your welcome).
2. In a medium sized bowl 1/2 cup of salad dressing. I usually use ranch, this time I used Italian salad dressing by the Olive Garden that I purchased at Costco. You might need to add a bit depending… I used 4 large chicken breasts.
3. On a cutting board, cut the chicken breasts in to strips, length wise. Toss them in the bowl with the dressing. Before you mix it around, lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Now mix it around to coat the chicken with salad dressing.
4. Next, pour 1 and 1/2 cups of bread crumbs over chicken. Mix around to coat chicken.
5. With a fork place chicken fingers on the cookie sheet. Scrape all of leftover crumbs in the bowl onto chicken strips.
6. Cook at 425 degrees fahrenheit for the first 15 minutes, reduce heat to 400 fahrenheit for about 30 more minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
Serve with honey dill sauce, or whatever suits your fancy!
Note: You can also just keep them as full chicken breast if you prefer, just increase the cooking time for an extra 15-20 minutes approximately or until no longer pink in the middle.
Click Recipe Below to Download Printable: