I love sweet potatoes, and I love all their health benefits. Yum. We make this so often I keep them on hand. If you love sweet potatoes as much as I do, you have to try sweet potato pear soup… not my recipe, but so worth sharing.
As promised, here is my roasted potatoes and veggie recipe. Another one that I picked up from my mom that I changed and made my own – in fact I make lots of variations of this recipe, depending on how I feel like making it and what I have on hand at the time. When I made it this way a few weeks ago and took these photos (yeah, that’s how long it took me to finally get it up… #lifewithlittles) it turned out amazing!
A printable recipe is at the bottom for your convenience… I won’t be offended if you skip there right now… 🙂
Prep time: 10 Minutes ish
Cook time : 45-50 mins ish
4-5 Medium Size Potatoes
1-2 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes (or one very large)
2 Large Carrots
1 Small Onion (chopped into large slices)
2 Tsp Italian Spice Mix
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
Salt and pepper to your taste. I don’t do a whole lot, a bit more than a pinch really.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
2. Wash your veggies/potatoes, as my mom says “clean up” your potatoes. Peel carrots. You can leave the skin on the potatoes and sweet potatoes.
3. Chop carrots, potatoes, onion (make sure onions are in pretty big chunks or they will burn) and put in a large bowl. Potatoes should be about an 1/8 – 1/4 inch. Not too thin or you’ll have chips, but not too thick either.
4. In a small bowl mix Italian spice mix, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix around and add to veggies.
5. On a cookie sheet lay out tin foil or parchment paper (sticks less = easy clean up). I like to use parchment paper.
6. Cook in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until you can put a fork through the veggies.
Simple. Healthy. Nothing beats home cooking’, especially when it’s this easy!
A few notes: If you are making my
Easy Homemade Chicken Strips with the recipe, the potatoes do fine at the same temperatures as the chicken. It’s just not as necessary to start out hotter (that’s to lock in the juices in the chicken).
Keep chicken on bottom wrack. Goes great with my
homemade Honey Dill Sauce.
Click below for a printable version of this recipe: